The Orange Duffel Bag Foundation provides coaching, training and ongoing mentoring to at-risk youth; support to their guardians and caring adults; and service to the community in a spirit of offering hope and enriching young lives.
- To be a partner with at-risk youth and empower them to create their own individual, dynamic life plans, and support them in formulating and achieving their goals.
- To be an ongoing resource for at-risk youth (primarily ages 14 to 24, which includes those who have aged out of foster care and those who are homeless); to inspire positive change, leadership and character development; and to enable them to visualize their futures clearly and identify and practice the behaviors needed to achieve their desired results and dreams.
- To be a resource for at-risk youth to gain confidence, self-advocacy skills and attain peer-to-peer mentoring based on My Orange Duffel Bag training and the principles of the 7 Rules for the Road.
- To be a resource to empower at-risk youth who complete the program by presenting them with orange duffel bags including computers/laptops/or iPads and other tools to facilitate community connections; to bridge the digital divide created by poverty; and to enable them to achieve their educational, employment and life goals.
- To be a symbol of hope for at-risk youth through coaching, mentoring and raising community awareness using the orange duffel bag in the powerful way the pink ribbon represents hope for those with breast cancer and their loved ones.
- To be a bridge connecting the business community with the limitless potential of at-risk youth when given opportunity.
- To be an influence on community involvement so that homeless, at-risk and foster youth are recognized and treated as valuable individuals to be encouraged and supported as they mature into self-sufficient adults.
- To be recognized as an expert coaching, training and ongoing mentoring resource for at-risk youth, homeless youth and those in foster care and aging out and to be the agency of choice for the provision of these services.
- We believe in possibilities for all at-risk youth and in their abilities to choose their own paths in pursuit of their best selves.
- We believe in honesty and integrity in all we say and do.
- We believe in compassion and gratitude for those we serve and each other.
- We believe in accountability to at-risk youth, society, our community, our partners and each other.
- We believe in and respect the uniqueness, privacy and dignity of each and every individual – their age, sex, race, color, creed, citizenship status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical, mental and/or medical condition.
- We believe in responsible stewardship of the resources to which we have been entrusted.
- We believe in the continuous pursuit of organizational excellence and best practices.
- We believe in teamwork and collaboration to achieve our vision, mission and to support the youth we serve and uphold our values.